Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wrong Button - - Repost


Good morning!  I'm going to try to post this segment on "Herb de Provence" once again.  Last night, I typed out what I wanted to post and hit the wrong button and lost everything.  So now, I am attempting to repost.....that is if I can get enough coffee in my system to wake my brain up this morning.  

Herbs de Provence

Have you ever cooked using the seasoning Herb de Provence?  If you haven't, you should try.  There is nothing better on food than this natural seasoning/spice (recipe below).  This particular seasoning/spice can be used on chicken, beef, vegetables or whatever tickles you’re fancy.  Last night, I used Herbs de Provence on chicken.  First I coated my chicken with a little olive oil, salt, pepper then Herbs de Provence. 



As a compliment to my chicken, I served it with wild rice and fresh broccoli.  Yum, I love fresh baked chicken! 

Herbs de Provence can be made from scratch using dried herbs or you can pick a bottle up at your local grocery store.  As promised, I have attached the Herb de Provence recipe.

Herb de Provence

1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
2 Tablespoons Dried Crushed Lavender
2 Tablespoons Dried Thyme
2 Tablespoons Dried Savory
2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano

Place all spices in a small bowl, mix together.  Once mixed, season is ready for use.  Store in air tight bag or container for future use.

In closing, I posted several pictures of some of our visiting pups over the Christmas holiday.   The first picture captures Beans (our Chihuahua) playing with Tikka (our sons teacup Chihuahua pup).  Yes, the picture is real.  We did not crop Tikka into the picture. 

Two days after Tikka went back home to Texas, our daughter brought her little pup Oscar (aka: energizer bunny).



Beans loved playing with both puppies. At the end of the holiday, our Beans was so exhausted he didn't want to be bothered.......he just wanted to sleep.

Sleeping Beauty

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig