Saturday, May 19, 2012

Parallel Parking - Yard Sales - Car Show - A Treat - Garden Tool Find

Unusual for me, this morning I actually slept in until 8 AM.  I hurried and grabbed a shower since I promised Tank (our son) to take him out and into town to practice parallel parking.  He wanted to get familiar with this parking since he knows it’s on his driving test with the state (which he should be taking soon).  I have to say, he did a pretty good job parking, and of course driving.  On the way home, he noticed several yard sale signs and wanted to check out the sales.  So, we hit a few yard sales (I found this little tea pot, creamer and salt shaker for $1.00 total). 


We also came across a car show in town (and it was free).  We drove back to the house to pick up Bulldog Man (everyone in the family loves old vehicles).   We all headed over to the car show (the show was small, but we still enjoyed ourselves).  Here are a few pictures of (MY) favorite finds. 







Bulldog Man and Tank checking out the Mustang


Sweet truck and it has a surf board setup in the back for surfing

Afterwards, Tank wanted to treat Mom and Dad to a brief lunch at Whataburger (he’s very proud of his new job and treating his parents out).  We drove further into town, ate at Whataburger (nice little treat from our son) and then dropped Tank off at work (he just loves his new part time job).  Tank works at a Ranch/Home supply store.  They were having a sale on returned items.  Well, Bulldog Man and I were looking for a Roto –Tiller for the garden.  Guess what we found at the returned items sale?  A functioning, gas powered Roto-Tiller. We saved approximately $120.00 on this find today.  It looks like the tiller was used maybe once.  Bulldog Man looked at it thoroughly and it appears to be just fine.  Boy, I tell you this will save on our hands.  We’ve been doing all the work by hand for some time now.  Garden tools are very high on my wish list. 


I must be getting old, I had a headache and decided to lie down and take a nap.  The nap was nice, it helped with the headache and now I feel much better.
Have a great Saturday, and remember taking a nap is a good thing.  You may want to take advantage of this every now and then.


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. dear me - can you come up here and start going shopping with me?!?!?!? just in 2 days you have saved a bucketload of money! i am so glad that Tank enjoys his job and enjoys taking his parents out for a treat - that's super sweet! so is the creamer/sugar/tea set! good job Sandy!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i forgot to add - napping is the best! especially if you are up early and doing a lot of work - an afternoon nap is such a treat! me and jambaloney treat ourselves often - teehee!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Sweet Friend Kymber,
      It's not like I shop all the time but when I do, I'm very careful, safe and frugal about it. Tank is a great kid, he wanted to treat us to a really nice meal but I insisted since this was his first complete pay check he take us for a burger. The creamer and sugar was a set but the teapot was not part of the set. I did get everything for only $1.00. I figured I would take the teapot and plant a little ivy vine in it and place it in the kitchen window.
      Yes, I agree....we all seem to get up real early, work our butts off and go to bed late. Therefore, a nap during the day is a good thing, especially if it's during the hotest time of the day.
      Take care sweet friend, catch you later.
      Sandy

      Delete
  3. oh man, do you know what I would do for a nap!? Maybe I could lock my tribe outside and Baby Man and I could sneak in a few afternoon zzz's?...naw, they would find a way or, or would decide to play right under my "bedroom" window...lol. What a great son that Tank is!! Columbus will be 17 next month and shows NO interest in driving, well, he'd like to drive, but I guess he shows no interest in taking the test. I got him the driver ed book, finally, and he IS going to get his permit this summer. But back to your Tank - he sounds sweet and well raised, good job mama:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystic Mud, LOL, yes naps are wonderful. That is if you can sneak them in. I would love to make a hammock and tie it between two trees and use this to nap. Tank is a great kid. Like Columbus, Tank didn't really show interest in driving. He finally received he permit at the age of 18. Now he wants an old truck (which we can't afford to get him, but he is working towards one and is planning on putting any money he receives from graduation toward the truck). Before he gets the old truck, he needs to take the driving test to get his actual license. Thanks for the compliment, I tried really hard to keep him grounded. I can see you've done the same with your son too.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig