Monday, October 28, 2013

Thank You Mary Ann & 1st PeaPod


A friend of mine, Mary Ann from Calamity Acres Hobby Farm, recently reviewed a book written by Deborah Niemann called “Raising Goats Naturally”.    After reading her review, I commented on her blog, stating I would look into this book to educate myself on raising goats, because in the future, my husband and I wanted to get goats.   On Saturday, I received this book in the mail from Mary Ann as an act of kindness.  I’ve already started reading this book in the evenings when it’s quiet, while watching the Baseball World Series.  Thank you Mary Ann!


I went to the garden last night to check on how things were doing and look what I found……………..





Yes, my first peapod. I feel like a kid in a toy store, lol…… I looked all over the plants for more pods; there were none, just a bunch of flowers.  I’m hoping I can baby my pea plants, and have a nice harvest before our first major frost.


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. sweet Sandy - i know how nice it is to receive a special something from a friend...teehee....so i know how you must feel! that was very sweet of Mary Ann! and there's you learning all about goats - woohoo! your baby pea pod is very sweet as well! i just know that you will have a lovely harvest before the first major frost! much love to you and yours from both of us, always!

    your friends,
    kymber and jambaloney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Kymber,

      This book will help with learning about goats. Can you believe I have one pea pod? I can only hope I get a large harvest before the frost comes rolling in.

      Much Love to You and Jambaloney!

      Delete
  2. awww your first pea in a pod. it is always exciting to see the first veggies appear. I usually get that way about cucumbers.
    It is kind of like Christmas...
    Enjoy the book and learning about goats....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gonna have that pea pod bronzed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy I just bought The Idiots Guide To Raising Goats. I'll have to check out Mary Ann's book. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gammy,

    So far the book is great! Mary Ann review it for the writer, Deborah Neimann.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a kind gesture for her to give you the book :) I have though about getting goats as well. I do have my hands full with all our pets and chickens, though. I love goat milk cheese. My mom loves to make cheese. maybe you will do the same?
    I sure would be surprised to see pea pods if they were here! You are pretty blessed to be able to get in this crop before frost!!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie,

    Yes, It was a very nice gesture. Goats milk, and cheese are to die for :-)
    I've found another 5 pods this evening, I'm praying I get a good harvest on the peas.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig