Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hand (Warning Picture May Make You Squeamish)


Today was a slow day.  We did absolutely nothing, attempted to go to a movie, and hubby wasn’t feeling too good with the movement of the picture on the screen, and the medications for his hand.  So we returned home and had a nice spaghetti dinner with light sauce and cheese bread. 


The day before yesterday, the doctor wanted us to remove the ace bandage wrapped around Bulldog Man’s hand.  Yesterday, we were to remove the gauze and wash around the surgical site.  Today, the site is swollen, his hand and arm somewhat bruised, but appears to be healing. 

Bulldog Man is not feeling the excruciating pain he used to up his arm and in his fingers.  Tomorrow we will make an appointment to have his sutures removed and make plans for the next procedure.


Here’s a picture of how his hand looks at 7:20PM tonight (warning if you’re squeamish don’t look at this picture).

 


 

SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Ow ow ow ow ow ow. Hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn,

      Once it heals, he's going to have his other hand done.

      Delete
  2. OUCH! Heal fast!!

    It's funny, when I read your first line, I thought it said 'today was a snow day'. I was about to go WOW! SNOW!. I'm not always observant, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st Man,

      Yes, painful!!!! Please heal fast!!!!!

      We don't want snow so fast in central Oklahoma.

      Delete
  3. That made me really queasy because it is exactly in the place of my last injury.. I fell with a plastic spray bottle in my hand. The handle ripped into my hand in the identical place. However, it just gouged out lots of tender skin--no stitches. Even so, it took over six weeks for it to heal. I hope he gets better soon. I am not going to look again. Oweee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,

      This wasn't an accident, this was surgically done to help the nerve going up the arm to the neck.

      Delete
    2. I know. His will heal much sooner than my crude gouge.

      Delete
  4. Yikes it does look like it is in a painful place I do hope it works it will be worth the pain. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B,

      It's very painful, and I'm hoping it works to give hubby relief in the neck.

      Delete
  5. Hope he feels better soon, keep babying him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Izzy,

      Me too!!! I'm not going to let him read this comment.......he'll want continuous babying for days past being healed, lol

      Delete
    2. Bulldog Man,

      You get babied enough, lol

      Now where's that frying pan ..............................................

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh! I would defiantly needs meds just to look at this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michaele,

      It's not to bad looking now, when it was first exposed my head was spinning, lol

      Delete
  7. On Bulldog's hand I was ready. I fainted when both of mine were uncovered. Hubby's shoulder surgery did not affect me that way.

    Glad to hear he's healing. I forgot to say that was the first thing I noticed too. The shooting pains were gone.

    Heal well, Bulldog Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail,

      He is doing relatively good. I'm surprised!!!
      When we first unwrapped the incision, I got a little dizzy but I'm okay now.

      Yes, he needs to heal well and fast :-)
      Get ready for the next procedure.

      Delete
  8. Heal fast! Glad the shooting pain is gone, take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, I'm glad it's doing better and I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig