Thursday, May 9, 2013

Rated 4 Paws


Today was one of those days I pretty much stayed inside because of the weather. I’m hoping the rain didn’t wash out my garden beds.  More rain to come later this evening. While inside, I made up a shopping list and cut coupons for tomorrow’s grocery run into town. 

I made some homemade bread to go with our chicken, for dinner tonight. 

 
 

I also made a homemade peach cobbler, one of Bulldog Man’s favorite desserts.  I’ve provided the recipe below for your convenience.  Bulldog Man rates the cobbler with 4 sticky paws J 


Peach Cobbler
½ cup melted butter (place in bottom of 9X13 pan)

                                                       Batter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup room temperature milk
1 room temperature egg

Mix batter well, and then pour batter on top of melted butter in pan
 
Filling

1 (28 ounce) cans sliced peaches, drained (I used 28 ounces frozen peaches)
1 cup sugar
1teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg

Mix filling well, then spoon over batter – DO NOT STIR!!!!

Bake 35 – 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.
 




Great recipe by: Suellen Anderson
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Oh gosh, I need to bookmark this. We have teeny little peaches on our peach tree and I love peach desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will try this tomorrow! I still have a few jars of canned peaches from last falls trees that need used up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite too, just behind any citrus deserts (e.g. Key Lime Pie, Lemon Meringue, anything Orange Julius flavored, etc.).

    Hope the garden fared well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DFW,

      Oh I live Key Lime Pie!!!! We used to go to this place when we lived in Davie, Florida to pickup pies, they were so delicious. They even made Lemon Meringue. Now I make my own because you don't find this kind of stuff here where we live.

      Garden fared well, thank you. I was worried with all the rain we've had.

      Delete
  4. ohhh...I love me some peach cobbler and my waistline attests to that! Looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mamma Bear,

      I'm the same way Mamma Bear, I love it but it doesn't like my waist or my hips or just my entire body, lol

      Delete
  5. I need to try this one....I have never done it this way.

    Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda,

      It is very delicious, and easy to make.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. PP,

      Yes MMMMMMM, chicken was finger licking good and the peach cobbler was so good. There's a little left, the boys nearly killed it.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! I have everything I need to make this cobbler. YAY!!! I'm going to be making this soon. Well... maybe sooner. Like today. hehe.
    I hope ya'll didn't get washed away with all this rain we've been getting. My yard is a wet mess and I sure can't even walk in the garden without sinking to my ankles. So you see, its a VERY good day for a cobbler!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SCI, hey there sweetie!!!!

      Don't say that too loud, my boys almost ate all of ours. They may head up your way for more, lol

      I went out again this morning and the garden is really wet but doesn't looked washed out. I can only pray, and start again if things don't grow.

      Let me know what you think about the cobbler.

      Delete
  8. This is similar to what I call my lazy cobbler...any fruit works well.

    Sounds like a very good day to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail,

      I consider it an easy recipe, great day my friend!!

      Delete
  9. Oh I wish I had of been at your house:) Looks good. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B,

      Better hurry up, it will be gone before you know it, lol :-)

      Delete
  10. I am not big on desserts. I don't care for things that are sweet, but peach cobbler is my weakness. Yours looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Girl,

      I wish I wasn't big on desserts. I like a dessert every now and then. Peach cobbler is a good weakness to have, lol :-)

      Delete
  11. I sympathize with you on the rain. But the smell of fresh bread would sure be welcomed in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michaele,

      Granted we need the rain but not all in 1 hour. I've always loved the smell of bread baking. They should make a candle called bread baking, what do you thing?

      Delete
  12. Oh, this looks great! A little different from mine, but maybe even better!! ..Maybe,, Haha!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig