Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Prayers, Tornadoes and Food



Before starting my post this evening, I would like to send prayers to all families affected by the tornadoes (footage from YouTube) that wreaked havoc over the DFW (Dallas-Fort Worth) areas.  Bulldog Man and I placed calls out to our family and friends to make sure everyone was okay and to see if they needed help.  Everyone is okay, just a little shook up.
Okay, now on to my evening post.  Today, because it rained, thundered, and lightning all day, I didn’t work out in the garden or on the property.  I did run into town to accomplish a few errands and hit the post office. 


 Yesterday, I decided to pull out the dehydrator and dry some bananas and apples.  I have to say, I like this dehydrator a bit too much.  Our house is starting to smell like a fruit house (I’m not talking the funny farm here people)!!!  I have several mason jars full of dried fruit.  Next it will be vegetables, enough for soups and stews.
I even pulled out the lawn mower (it’s a push mower, so I got my exercise) and cut all the grass on the property, pulled a few weeds from the gardens.  Here are a few pictures, Blogger won't let me post the remaining pictures. I will have to post them later.
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig