Sunday, March 25, 2012

TX & Back, Estate Sale, Breakfast

Saturday we made a quick trip down to Weatherford, Texas to visit my parents and pickup our son, Tank.  He spent his spring break down at the grand parents to help them out with their gardens.  Several hours later, we were back at home.  We had no traffic or weather problems.  The ride was nice and relaxing.
On Sunday, two estate sales were being held at the fairgrounds.  We decided to go over and see if we could find some tools and lamps we need.  Bulldog Man and Tank didn’t find tools but found an old CB radio for $4.00.  I didn’t find any lamps we could use but I did find a hand mixer and electric knife for $5.00, both I can use with crafts.  All items work well, we just need to clean them up a little.  I’m thankful that we were able to help out the families hosting the estate sale.
Items need a little cleaning


Breakfast was the word of the day.  This morning, I made a “Cowboy Hash” mixture with left over steak (use any type of meat), new potatoes, Hatch Green Chiles, fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Cowboy Hash served up with a compliment of tomatoes.

Bulldog Man and Tank worked on the front and side yards of the property for me today.  With all the rain we’ve had, the grass just keeps on growing, so does the weeds (grrrr…..).  I planted more seeds and cleaned out flower pots for tomato planting. Later tonight, when the sun goes down, I plan on planting flower seeds for the front flower boxes and watering all garden boxes.  The herbs, celery, onions, lettuce and peppers are growing. There about an inch in height.  I’ll have to take some pictures and post them this week sometime.
While I dropped Tank off to attend his Church Youth Group, Bulldog Man made dinner.  He made breakfast (the word of the day) for dinner.  Pancakes and turkey sausage, Yum!  Now, maybe I can get him to volunteer to do dishes.  I didn’t have to ask, he’s in the kitchen doing them already (do I have him trained well or what? J). 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You know, you guys can stop by and say hi or spend the night, when you come down to Weatherford some time. Hint Hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the return trip to pick up Tank, we took FM51 right into Weatherford. We returned the same way to avoid all the traffic. One day, we must make arrangements to get together and have some Texas BBQ. Give the family a hug!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig