Monday, June 25, 2012

Short and Sweet

Today is an extremely hot and muggy day, temperatures reached 106 degrees.  This is a day where if you had absolutely anything that had to be done outside, you did it in the morning or later in the evening after the sun goes down.  My post today is going to be short and sweet.  I’m over heated and tired!!!!

Over the weekend, I put up my homemade bird bath (borrowed…oops, I mean copied Kymber’s idea).  I also moved the bird feeder next to the bird bath. 
I haven’t really done anything special with my tomatoes other than provide them with plenty of water and some calcium and magnesium.  They’re growing like weeds; I’m so excited and can’t wait for a major harvest J

The other update to my garden; the peppers have produced blossoms.  It’s been 2 months and I thought they were on the verge of dying. The leaves shriveled up and turned brown.  I pretty much gave up on the green peppers; when I looked today, I have blossoms. 

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Yeah, for the peppers!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet Sandy - i looooove your birdbath! and i can't believe how big your tomatoes are! another thing that tomatoes love is epsom salt - mix a cup in a gallon of water and water them with it - they love it! and congrats on the peppers getting blossoms! my pepper seedlings aren't even in the ground yet - i am not taking any chances with them until they are bigger - teehee! so sorry that it has been so hot - ugh - i don't know how you can stand it! i'd melt - bahahahahah!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Kymber, Thank you on the birdbath, I copied you, lol..... Making it, saved me$$$$$. I didn't have to go into town and buy one :-) Anytime I can save money and be frugal, I'm happy.
      My tomatoes have been getting epsom shakes every couple of weeks. My roses love epsom too!!! I was so afraid, I totally lost all the peppers and now I have blossoms. The man upstairs must have known I really wanted peppers! I would wait on your peppers too Kymber. Let them get bigger, then try them out in the garden. Yes, the heat is getting bad. I can tell summer is here, today is suppose to peak to approximately 107. :-(

      Delete
  3. Did you know you can take the green peppers, leave them alone and they'll quickly become sweeter red peppers? And your tomatoes! Don't you just love the slightly 'poisonous' smell the green vines give your fingers as you're plucking off a warm and heavy tomato! Well, maybe it's just me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the peppers changed color. Usually a sweet pepper will be sweeter than the green.
      I love the smell of tomato vine on your fingers after you pick the tomatoe.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandy! Looks like you have been busy. Your garden looks much better than mine, it has basically burned up. No snakes here yet, though I have seen lots of squished ones in the road. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, Oh girl, my garden is doing okay. Several things didn't do well, like the kale, beans and now the corn is starting to dry. This heat just kills / burns everything up. I'm sorry to hear about your garden. Maybe in the fall you'll have better luck. Give your family a hug from and Oklahoma friend and try to stay cool.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig