Saturday, June 30, 2012

Easy Way To Cook Corn

We held off a couple of days and today we finally cooked microwaved the corn.  I used the technique posted on Duke’s blog, Down Range Report; http://downrangereport.blogspot.com/2012/06/neat-trick-cooking-corn.html
I took two corn ears still in their husks, placed them in the microwave, set the timer for 8 minutes (4 minutes if you’re only microwaving 1 ear), and pressed the start button.  When finished, take corn out with hot pads, cut the end off and shake the open end of the husk over a plate and voila, your corn will pop out totally cooked and without any silk…..
The end result; I shook the corn husks over the plate more than 3 or 4 times, the corn came out clean and hot.  Bulldog Man and I came across just two or three strings of silk while eating.   Would I cook my corn this way again, sure.  Why you ask????  Because to cook the corn by steaming it or boiling it, the kitchen heats up and I really don’t want to heat the house any more than it is with the extreme temperatures outside.

Don't look at my messy storage!!!  See the corn is cooking :-)

Cut the ends of the cobb off

Perfectly cooked corn, yum!!!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Okay, I'm gonna have to try this at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the YouTube video on Dukes blog. I watched it and thought okay, I will give it a shot. Mine didn't come out in 2 shakes, it took several but it came out. The corn was mighty tasty too!

      Delete
  2. I like this idea! I never have corn on the cob when I'm by myself because it's too much hassle. I especially like the part about cutting off the end and shaking out the cob so the silks come off.

    When I have company, and I don't want to warm up the kitchen, I cook corn on my grill outside. Usually I just cook it in its husk, but occasionally I'll husk it and butter it and put it directly on the grill; that requires watching carefully so it doesn't burn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I watched this You Tube video on my blogger friends site and thought, I can do this.
      The corn was really great tasting and fresh. We would have used the grill but this time I wanted to do it exactly the way described in the video. It worked out really good, try it you make like it.

      Delete
  3. Very kewl! I definitely want to try this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy and I like cooking the corn this way. Just be careful, the husks get hot and remember it will take more than a couple of shakes. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Sandy - i am glad that it worked out for you buddy! i looooooove corn - bahahahahahah!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Kymber, I'm glad Duke posted this on his blog. It works with more than a couple of shakes.

      I love corn too, it's one of my favorite vegetables.

      Your Friend, Sandy

      Delete
  5. Even though I am not a friend of microwaved anything, I am going to try this. And, if there is any sweet corn left the next time we go to the Country House (7/14), also going to try it on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DFW, I'm not a friend of the microwave either, but I had to try it. In fact, I microwaved the corn again tonight. We love corn and will cook it on the grill but it's so hot out, so we did it in the micro.

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig