Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Changing The Color Of Your World - Coca Cola - Storms

When it’s time to bug out and lay low, do you really want to find yourself in bright colored clothing?  Wearing bright colored clothing only reveals your location and can potentially make you a target. As part of OPSEC, I would make sure to change into clothing less obvious.  You want to blend in to your surroundings.  Wear natural tones like browns, tans, blacks, greens, rust, or even white depending on your bug out location and the time of year (based on seasons).  To do this, it may require changing the color of clothing.  I’m not saying you need to go out and buy everything camouflaged because this could be extremely expensive.  What I am saying is go buy and keep on hand several bottles or packets of color dye.  These can be picked up at usually any grocery store, drug store, and even a convenience store.  They’re relatively in- expensive.  The dyes come in a multitude of colors.  You can even color your clothes in different combinations of colors.  Have some colored clothing on hand for preparation when you bug out. 
You can use this dye to help color additional items around your home or bug out site, like curtains or items that have faded.  It’s just a thought…..what’s your thoughts on using colored dye?

Coca Cola…….I have not had Coca Cola in years.  The other day, I went into town to a Mexican market to pick up some spices and came across Coca Cola processed in Mexico.  Now the Mexican Coca Cola is processed with real sugar, unlike those processed in the United States.  So of course I had to pick up a few bottles as a treat for the family and poor Beans missed out.  He was just sitting next to the empty bottle looking for his Coca Cola….. J


More storms rolling into our area of Oklahoma.  Check out the wall clouds rolling in above my head and the movement which could have formed into tornadoes.  Luckily for me, the temperatures were a little too cold for a tornado to form over my head (so cool, it gave me goose bumps).    Have a great evening everyone and for those Okies--be careful out there, storms will be with us tonight, through tomorrow.

Birds eating bread and bird seed before the storm hits


Wall cloud moving in at a rapid speed

Storm moving right over us, below are 2 videos showing circular movement and so dropping clouds




SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Seeing those videos, I'd be freaking out! Glad no bad weather came of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy no bad weather came from it. I couldn't freak out, I was recording the clouds standing right under one.

      Delete
  2. After we moved from my childhood home last year, the surrounding trees were blown into the living room. This happened THE DAY OF the sale....a few hours before WE were to sign the papers!!! (bad timing)

    I had always prided myself in having an abandoned cistern full of mother nature's drinking water... and a basement with bug in supplies...

    I'd never counted on trees INSIDE the house.

    You just can't foresee EVERYTHING. And now I'm in a house with no cistern. No basement. And no place to store more than a month's supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool videos...I too like Mexican Coke. I buy it where ever I can find it. Sweet Wife said thanks for the hug and when in Florida, yell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The next time we head back, we will give you a yell :-)

      Delete
  4. Saw your name/link on SHTFblog & thought I check it out. I love the rain & the videos you posted are a slice of Heaven to me. I had nothing but great experiences with rain growing up & love watching the clouds do their thing.

    Where I lived in L.A. was close to the ocean & I surfed as you might expect in So Calif! Anyway, the most favorable conditions to surf was just before a storm or shortly after - needless to say, it was beautiful. Thanks for the pleasant reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason, Your very welcome. This time of year we always have unique clouds, storms, rain and tornadoes. I've never surfed,I understand you get a major adrenaline rush when you do. :-)

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig