Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dinner With Friends, Mylar Bags, Food Saver Packets, Flea/Antique Market Finds

On Friday, we had some friends of ours from the church come over for dinner and visit.  I made some homemade bread, lasagna and cake.  My girlfriend and husband brought some salad, dressing, beer from Belgium and Sangria.  We all had a blast exchanging stories and reminiscing.

Bulldog Man and I ordered some Mylar bags (Metalized Foil Bucket Liner) and food saver packets ($12.99 for pack of 50) from Nitro-Pak.com.  This site was recommended by James Wesley, Rawles.  We didn’t order the sealer because of the cost. We decided to use my hair straightener iron, its produces the heat needed to seal our food bags and it only cost me $28.00.  I’m all for cutting corners as long as you get the same result.

I picked up two oil lanterns and a hand held mixer today at the Flea/Antique Market.  Everything is in working order, just needs a little cleaning.  Both of these items have been checked off of my prepping list.

Right now, I’m waiting for the temperatures to cool a little so I can go out and work on the property.  It was just too darn hot this afternoon to do anything outside.
What are you doing this weekend?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Those oil lamps can come in mighty handy. Make sure you have some fuel on hand as well as extra wicks and matches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swamp Dog, Oil lamps are most definitely handy. I have two already and wanted more. Then I came across these yesterday and thought what a deal and snatched them up. We made sure to have plenty of fuel and matches on hand. But we will have to buy some more wicks. Thanks and have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Sandy - that's an awesome looking lasagna and baguette - yummeh! i was planning on putting my tomatoe's out today but it's a little cloudy and cool so i think i will wait until tomorrow. good find on the mixer and oil lamps!!!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Kymber, Everyone loved the lasagna. I used fresh spinach from my garden that I had froze in it and homemade sauce. I wish I was so inclined to make the pasta and cheese, lol....but not, I had them on my shelves and refrigerator from the store.
      I would wait too on putting tomatoes out if it's too hot. Yes, I was happy when I found the mixer and lamps. I have a list of small appliances I want to get that don't run on electricity. The Flea Market is a great place to find them, as long as there not badly used.
      Have a wonderful Sunday, give Jam a hug and don't work to hard.
      Your Friend,
      Sandy xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Emergency Food Storage-It’s time to prepare for our families needs; learn here all freeze dried Meal recipes for your families emergency food storage needs.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig