Thursday, January 19, 2012

Coupon Time - Prep For Groceries

Another Way Of Being Frugal


Once again it's that time of the month to buy the necessary items (food, paper products, eggs, deodorant) needed to survive and donate  to the food pantries for the next 2 to 4 weeks.  Prep began with buying newspapers and receiving donated coupons from our friends at the church.





Clip out the coupons; forget about using scissors for cutting out the coupons.  I use a paper cutter by Friskers. Slide the coupons under the arm and slide the trimmer blade across the coupons.  It's that simple!  

Make a menu plan for 2 to 4 weeks time frame and create your grocery list off of the menu.
Only buy items posted to your grocery list, DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THE LIST!!!!!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have a friend that is into coupon-ing. I'm not so much. Every now and then I'll run across one that I'd use. Things that I buy don't have a coupon. Like chickens, raw milk, fruits and vegs from the farmer's market. LOL I guess if I bought more store bought food I'd use more coupons. I do like how people can get lots of stuff for free. I've seen those t.v. shows, but I don't use any of the items they get for free.LOL Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy E, I totally understand about not being able to use coupons on things you buy. I have found out though that if I contact the manufactuers direct like Tyson (chicken), or Dole (fruit) they will send great coupons for the chicken or fruit/veggies. If you are shopping at farmers markets or dealing directly with a farmer you can't use coupons because there not available. I love shopping for fresh items at a farmers market (I have a farmers market about 2 miles from my home). As for the TV show, I don't agree with clearing shelves off. I just buy what I need. I could never be the extreme shopper. I do get free food/merchandise or items costing a few cents on the dollar.

    I so look forward to reading your blog, take care and thanks for responding on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig