Sunday, January 27, 2019

Before & After, Birthday, & Give - Away

I promised you updates on the homestead.  Below are two videos, both showing the woods around the driveway which encompass approximately 5 acres of wooded area, broken trees, and tons of underbrush.  Our goal was to clear the old unwanted alive, and dead trees, along with the underbrush.
Bulldog Man and I started the work and realized it would take us a year, or longer, to get all the work done.  So, I hired a company, Bushwackers Land Clearing (from the Oklahoma/Texas areas) to come out with one piece of equipment for 3 days to do the work.  They did an excellent job of shredding the underbrush, dead, and old trees.  It is now so much easier for us to eventually level out the area, and create some garden beds, RV storage, and areas for future building.

BEFORE




AFTER




*****

We've been busy down in Texas this week as well.  We finally had our probate court hearing for my sister's estate.  It took over 7 months to finally get administrator rights, and heirship.  The delay was mostly due to an election, where the original judge was voted out of office.  We had to wait until a new judge was put in office, and trained.    Having the legal paperwork finally allowed me the opportunity to get the ball moving with bills, banking, my sister's house, and her vehicle.

*****

Catalog picture from Baker Creek (Rareseeds.com)

Did any of you get "The Whole Seed Catalog for 2019" from Baker Creek yet?
I'm already marking pages in the catalog for new seed purchases.  You really need to get this catalog, it's got all kinds of unique seeds, and makes for a great book for your coffee table in the living room.


*****


Image result for free pictures for birthdays

Today's Tanks birthday, 26 years of age....time sure flies.  Instead of making lunch this afternoon, Tank suggested we go to a Mexican restaurant in the next town.  We honored his wishes, and I'm making a cake right now.  Actually, it's in the oven, as I piddle with the computer to get a post out to y' all.

In the near future, I will be sponsoring another one of my awesome give - away's to show my appreciation to my blogger friends for sticking it out with me while I deal with the loss of my sister.
Keep an eye out for my give-away!!!


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Such wonderful progress you're making on your property. It's easy to tell you're loving all of it and are just thrilled to be making this the home you've wanted for so long.

    Belated birthday wishes to Tank. Those darn kids sure do grow up fast, don't they?

    Hoping your sister's estate can be settled quickly now and you will have more time to settle into your homestead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Pea,
      We are loving it however, its a lot of work to get the property exactly the way you want it to look. Yes, this darn kids do grow fast, and before we know it they're moving out on their own. Now to get my sister's home and vehicle sold.

      Hugs, and love to y'all.

      Delete
  2. Property looks great. It will be fun to see how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,
      Thank you! Can't wait to get things done. I'm thinking of possibly putting a greenhouse out there in the near future.

      Delete
  3. You must have been a child bride! Happy Birthday to Tank!!! What a difference, clearing all that underbrush and wood makes. I expect great things from all those garden beds! It's so hard to deal with all the legal finagling on top of dealing with her loss. I'm glad that it's sorted out and you can tie up all the loose ends. Hugs to you, my dear Sandy. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, That's it...a child bride....LOL. 4 kids later hehehehehe!
      Thank you for the Birthday wish for Tank. I'm hopings the soil in the cleared areas will be perfect for growing veggies and flowers. Down the line I'd like to have a greenhouse.

      Hugs and love to you.

      Delete
  4. Keep on . . . I do understand the journey. Time tends to heal and solve much.

    Good for you on your land improvements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goatldi,
      We definitely will keep on, you too! Time sure does!

      Delete
  5. I hire out some jobs now, that I would have done myself ten years ago. In the end, I think it's worth it. I'm glad things are going well out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry,

      There's absolutely nothing wrong with hiring out!!! We hire out when it's just too much to do. Yes, it is worth it. Things are going well but very slowly. Hopefully, we can speed somethings up after selling the estate house.

      Delete
  6. That's a huge difference. A lot of work for excellent results! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh,

      Yes, it's a major difference, and it saved us 10 years of our lives with using heavy equipment help. Plenty work left to accomplish, and in time it will all get done. Thank you Leigh!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig