Saturday, July 15, 2017

Get Moving!!



The one day we get to sleep in just a little, the clock rang at 6:00AM.  Time to rise and shine…everyone in the house was up, dressed, had coffee, and breakfast.  Then we were all out the door, heading over to the shop to pull equipment together, and prep it for our early morning chores.  Yes, a family affair of weed whacking, cutting grass, chopping small trees, and unloading branches from the trailer.  All done early before the storms rolled in.

We even moved some red clay away from the French drains so the rain wouldn’t push it into the ditch. You scratch your heads wondering how we moved the clay; well I’ll tell you it wasn’t by hand.  

After doing research, getting advice from friends (y’all know who you are), and trying several tractors (Kubota, Mahindra, Kiyoti, LS, New Holland, John Deere, and Case) we decided to go with LS. 

The dealer where we purchased our LS tractor gave us the best deal around for a larger tractor and parts including service, and warranty.    We purchased the LS 4140 with a bucket, box blade, and a brush hog.
Here it is………………I have to ask……do you think my tractor’s sexy??



*****
While cutting back trees, Bulldog Man and I found grapes!!!!  We found all kinds of grapes, growing along the fence line out on the east side of our property.  We don’t know if they’re wild grapes, or grapes planted by the previous owner.  I’m going to need to do some research before I start to pick any grapes.  I know they’re 5 things I need to look for in research.  The shape of the leaves (heart shaped and jagged), the number of seeds in the grape, the color of the stem, the color of the flower and the tendrils.    
This is an exciting find; I hope they’re not the poisonous kind.




*****
I also found another type of spider…………………………
A VW Bug Spider!!!!  I thought this was funny, and took a picture to share with you.  This spider is on the side of one of the local churches.


*****
As I close this post today, I wanted to share; I’ll be hosting another give-away relating to survival later this week…..stay tuned!


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Not sure I'd label your tractor sexy, but we sure would love to have one just like it!!

    Make sure you do your research on your grapes before you make jars of jam to hand out at Christmas! ;o)

    That VW Bug Spider . . . now that's a real daddy long legs! (And somebody with a real sense of humor, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Pea,

      After plenty of research we found the LS to fit with what are plans are for the property. You would love this tractor!!

      I won't even touch the grapes until I know everything about them. We don't want to be poisoning anyone :P

      Isn't the VW cool! I'm not sure who did this in the church but they do have a great sense of humor.

      Hugs,
      Sandy

      Delete
  2. Looks like a really nice tractor, I'm sure it will help out with the many projects you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,
      It's a great tractor! We had planned on buying a tractor a little bit smaller but came across this deal and couldn't pass it up. The tractor is very comfortable to drive, and maneuver. I would recommend the LS for sure.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the tractor. And wild grapes? Wow how cool is that! I would love to find that on our property but I'll have to plant some on purpose. Of course they probably won't do as well that way, ha. Yay for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st Man,

      Thank you, we love the tractor as well. Yes, wild grapes.....don't know yet if they're poisonous or not.

      Delete
  4. Sandy,

    Any kind of tractor to help with manual labor is a good tractor! Those grapes sound delicious. Reminds me that I forgot to check ours this weekend. Hopefully the birds haven't gotten all of them before we get back up there in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DFW,

      Amen sister!!! Any tractor will make life so much easier. Still trying to figure out if the grapes are good or poisonous. You may need to place some bird netting over your grapes. Birds love all kinds of fruit and veggies as well.

      Delete
  5. Oooh! That tractor! It's so big and BLUE! I am sure that you will find it your best friend. You sure have your work cut out for you - it's a good thing you all work together so well. Everything is looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,

      Maybe blueberry in color?? Yes, the tractor is our best friend, and them some :=) What an amazing investment. We work together well after I threaten everyone. Their all afraid of me....gun toten mama LOL.....just teasing:-)

      Hugs,
      Sandy

      Delete
  6. Sandy, congratulations on the tractor! It's a beauty. Getting a farm tractor made a huge difference with what we've been able to do around our place.

    Nice find on the grapes too. I didn't know there was a poisonous variety of grape, good to know. They're not muscadines, leaves look too large. They look like cultivated grapes, although the fruit of those grow in bunches. But I'm not a grape expert, so I'll be interested in what you figure out about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh,

      Thank you Leigh, we worked hard to save and investigate before purchasing it. The tractor has already helped us tremendously. I'll post about it soon :-)

      I'm still research those grapes, and will be going to some of our local farmers to verify. Here's a neat website which talks about the different type of grapes including poisonous ones. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Wild+Grapes+Are+Poisonous&FORM=IRMHRS

      Delete
  7. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig