Thursday, February 25, 2016

Seeds and Suprises



Yearly, I make a list of seeds I’ve used in the garden; to replenish my seed collection, when the catalogs start arriving in my post office box.  

This season, I replenished my vegetable stash with more beans, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, and peppers. 
I’ve also added some new flower seeds to my collection; Moonflower, Grandpa Ott’s Morning Glory, Butterweed, Red Milkweed, and Bunny tails. 
Pic came out blurry, sorry!!!

 Last season, a friend planted these awesome looking Purple Podded Pole Beans and talked about them on her blog; they intrigued me.  To my surprise, while at the post office, there was an envelope in my box from Susan over at e-i-e-i-omg blog.  She sent me an envelope of these awesome beans.  I just wanted to shout out to Susan a thank you, and let her know I’ve got the perfect place to plant these beans.  Oh…..I can’t wait to plant them!!!!!


This season, our garden beds won’t be as busy as in previous seasons.   There’s just so much going on in our lives right now, and not enough time.  In future posts, I look forward to sharing with you the changes we will be making.

One more surprise…..this one was from my landlord’s boyfriend.  A picture of my parents’ laser etched on a black granite stone.  Wow…..a gorgeous picture I will share with my sister.  Thank you T and J!!!
Excuse my flash on the right side of the picture, that's from my camera.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Hey Gurlie,

    What a beautiful picture of your parents. I'm a sucker for B&W. I know that is something you will always cherish.

    Yay for your seeds and those purple ones are awesome...are they like green beans and you just snap them ?
    Much love to you and Bdm

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUGM,

    I love this picture of our parents, it's 54 years old. My Landlords boy friend did a great job etching the picture on stone.

    I think you can. This is a first for me on the Purple Podded Green Beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our garden is cut wayyyy back, so I totally understand. I am only going to have a few veggies this year, tho I am sorely tempted.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig