Monday, June 9, 2014

Stealing The Old Man's Paracord :P



Bulldog Man and I have once again harvested a batch of green beans from the garden.  While going through the vines to pick beans, we both noticed many more blossoms getting ready to turn into vegetables.  


In the next several weeks, we will have many more harvests of beans, to put away in the pantry or freezer.

I’ve also harvested a handful of yellow cherry tomatoes.  Plenty more to harvest in the near future.


Last year we planted beet seeds, they didn’t seem to grow very well, and what did grow ended up being destroyed by bugs.  This spring, I’ve planted both gold and red beets.  Here’s my first harvest of red beets from one of my garden boxes.  Hey Kymber, I saved all the greens on top for cooking up and eating. 
 


I’ve also harvested small carrots just out of the garden for snacking.





Did someone say Peas??  Look, I have pea’s growing on the straw bales. 
 





A month or so ago, I purchased 2 hanging baskets with Petunias.  Each basket had three wires attached to it for hanging the basket on the porch or patio.   

With the heavy winds here in Oklahoma, the wire hangers broke, and each pot ended up falling to the ground breaking the plants.  I needed something to hang the pots back up.   That brings me to paracord.  Yes, I stole some paracord from Bulldog Man’s stash, and made two macramé hangers.  Remember those macramé hangers we all made back in elementary school? Well, here’s an example of one made real quick………………

 

Don't look at the peeling paint.



After the rain this morning, the weather turned beautiful.  Temperatures were in the 70’s with a nice breeze…..nice enough to hang laundry outside.


*****

 


Lavender Jelly
I researched the internet for recipes on making lavender jelly, and came across one relatively easy one, by Bec R at Food.com.  The recipe is very easy, and the end result is delicious. 
For recipe click on the orange print above.
 





SHARE:

4 comments

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig